Metro Manila News
Skyway builder to close Araneta-Aurora intersection for 7 nights
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the closure of Araneta-Aurora intersection in Manila starting August 15 (Thursday) from 11 pm to 5 am for 7 consecutive nights.
This is to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project.
An average of 17,000 to 18,000 vehicles will be affected by the closure. They are advised to take the following routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
1. From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, take straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
2. Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
3. Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.
4. Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
1. From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
2. Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.
The Skyway Stage 3 which is one of the key projects under the “Build, Build, Build” program will connect Buendia to Balintawak. It is seen to reduce travel time for 15 to 20 minutes from the current 2 hours.
The National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) Board approved seven new projects on November 29 amounting to P187.34 billion, which include three projects from Department of Transportation (DOTr), three projects of Department of Public Works ...
Quezon City had 505 new human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) cases in the first seven months of 2019. The Quezon City Health Department said that to help prevent the spread of the disease, it will launch on December 2 the “Zero at 2030 camp...
State-run Social Security System (SSS) said thru-the-bank pensioners who availed the advance 18 months pension will receive their 13th month pension starting December 10. SSS President and Chief Executive Officer Aurora C. Ignacio said the releases ...
Typhoon "Tisoy" (international name Kammuri) maintained its strength it moved west toward Mindoro. In its 8 a.m. severe weather update Tuesday, the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) ...
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) assured that Metro Manila and concerned government agencies are prepared for the landing of typhoon "Tisoy" (international name Kammuri). MMDA General Manager Arturo “Jojo” G...
Malacañang Palace congratulated Filipino athletes for their strong showing on the first day of the the 30th Southeast Asian (SEA) Games and praised the organizers and volunteers who made a “job exceedingly done” in ...